Welcome to the newsroom for Dr Jen Frahm, author of Conversations of Change: A guide to implementing change. You can also check out Dr Jen’s website for more information about her speaking, facilitation and consulting services.
You can find at least nine potential stories in the new book – summarised below.
Myth busting 70% of change projects fail and ensuring success in change efforts (pp. 67 – 78)
Only the most capable survive (pp. 103 – 115)
A question core to most large corporations these days is how to build change capability. Surviving in business requires an ability to initiate and execute change as well as respond to being on the receiving end of change. Conversations of Change takes you through the six elements of building change capability.
Resistance is futile – everybody is worried about change resistance. There’s no point. (pp. 128 – 133)
Understandably managers and leaders of change worry about change resistance. Conversations of Change show the the easy way to flip the switch from resistance to highly engaged and ready.
How “surrendering” can create a continuous change culture (pp. 133 – 139).
We often talk about taking people on a “journey”. But in doing this we bypass “surrender” – a critical phase in changing. Surrender in the workplace change requires three things (faith, hope, and mindfulness). Perhaps investing in corporate mindfulness programs creates an ability to thrive with continuous change?
Communicate! Communicate! Communicate! (pp. 153 – 157)
It’s often said the ability to land successful change is dependent on the communication. Sometimes even with the best intent, managers and leaders of change can get it wrong! Conversations of Change takes you through six pitfalls of change communication that goes awry.
Change Leadership – some-one’s got to do it (p. 167-176)
Five Future of Work practices that can make a big difference to your change efforts (pp 185 – 218)
People talking about “Future of Work” can be a bit buzzwordy and jargon-heavy. Sometimes it helps to see examples of those Future of Work practices in your change efforts to work out if they are something of value or simply a distraction. Conversations of Change takes you through five applied examples of Future of Work practices to help you work that out.
The myths and big debates of organisational change (pp. 219 – 228)
Organisational change has become a hotly contested space – and for the manager or leader in today’s organisations it’s difficult to know what to believe. Conversations of Change explains six of the big myths of the change world and what you can take-away from the debates.
So you want to work in change management? (pp. 232 – 242)
- Agile Australia 2016: Translating OCM for Agile
- APACA 2016: Thriving during change
- Change Management Review Summit: The metrics of change success
- Change Management Institute 2017: Change Advocacy and Social Media
- Allegra Change Thinktank 2017: What Wonder Woman can teach the change management industry
- Project Management Institute: 70% of Change Projects Fail Bollock
- Code for Australia: Implementing and Influencing Chang
- September 21 Allegra Annual Educational and Networking Event (Panel), Melbourne
- October 11 Contemporary Change Management: The Challenges and Opportunities, HRPA, Canada
- February 1 & 2, Leading Change and Transformation: When juggling is not enough, 13th Annual CEO and Chair Forum, Associations Forum, Hobart.
- March 16 CMI Global, Pushing the Boundaries of Professional Practice
- Change Management Institute Canada 2018: Translating Agile for the change profession
- April 23, Convergence (Asia Pac) : Don’t give the Roadie the Mic: When leaders are missing in action.
June 2019, Spark the Change Toronto, Canada.
Interview with Caroline Kealey, for the uOttawa Institute for Strategic Change.
Recent press interviews
- What the Telstra shareholders heard when the CEO said “redundancies”, HRM Online, 21 June, 2018
- Telstra Layoffs – Surviving Job Loss, Daily Bulletin Online , June 20 2018
- What CMO’s need to do to cope with marketing change management, CMO Magazine, 13 July 2017
Recent podcast interviews
Free eBook Download:
The Transformation Treasure Trove Series I & II